Inode Web Agency – the developers behind the new add-on – have worked hard on a solution that allows you to control media files together with Real Media Library folders in your frontend website. The following text is written by the Inode team:
What it does
Our add-on is an extension of the plugin “WordPress Real Media Library” by Matthias Günter. This add-on shows the category tree with the associated media files directly in any page of your WordPress Website. Allows you to browse and manage media directly from the frontend.
When to use it
When you have to organize and share documents/media with the users of your website, intranet website or reserved areas.
How to use it
- The plugin itself is really easy to install and requires little configuration.
- Add a brand new page to your WordPress Website or edit an existing one.
- Create a new module/widget with the new Gutenber Layout or with your preferred page builder: it has to be a shortcode element that allows instancing the plugin.
- Digit the following shortcode: [build_tree]
- At the bottom of the page you will find 2 custom meta boxes to configure before saving the page.
- Decide which category to enable as root category: its subcategories will be listed recursively in the frontend.
- Decide which actions to enable on media files: insert / update / delete.
- Save or update the page and that’s it.
Category selection from the frontend tree view based on media folders with CRUD actions: create, read, update and delete on media files, Upload and Download attachments directly from the frontend.
For a complete list of the features refer to the following link: www.inode.it/en/fe-rml/
Demo, contact and support
You can try a demo version of the plugin at the following link: www.inode.it/en/demo/
Feel free to test it with common file extensions (png, pdf, doc, etc…). For any kind of question, you can write an email to: staff (at) inode.it