Real Media Library 3.4 is out now. The main feature of the new release is the functionality of Importing / Exporting folders. Also there is now a feature to import categories from another plugin, for example a category plugin for the WordPress media library. To find all this options you have to go to your WordPress backend and navigate to: Settings > Media > Section “Reset”.
Export / Import
Pressing the button “Export” will export all your available folders to an output textfield “Export Data”. This text can be copied and moved to another WordPress site using Real Media Library. Simply navigate to your target WordPress and insert the copied text to “Import Data”. Afterwards press the button “Import” and the plugin will import the folder hierarchy to your Media Library.
If you have used already a category plugin for your media library you probably want to import the already created categories to your Real Media Library folder hierarchy. This is now simply as you say “Import categories”. Below the Export / Import buttons you will find an additional import button if there is another category source detected. Press this button and the plugin overtakes this categories and the attachment relations. If there is an file in multiple categories the plugin will create shortcuts.
- Added functionality to Import / Export folder hierarchy
- Added functionality to Import an registered taxonomy with attachment relations
- Improved touch experience, added scrollbar in media picker to avoid drag&drop attachments
- Fixed bug with search bar when folders were not found
- Fixed bug with query links
- (developers only) Fixed bug with Database updates caused by dbDelta
Author: Matthias Günter
Creative designer and programer from Low-Bavaria. I love to simplify things, especially when it comes to WordPress. If you like, you can take a look at my plugins.